Thursday 7 April 2011

Countdown to St Cuthberts Way

Now officially on our countdown to starting St Cuthberts Way. Next week starting Thursday, my wife and I are off walking St Cuthberts Way from Melrose on the Borders to Holy Island (see map) I plan to make blog entries as I complete each day of the walk, so I better polish up on my mobile blogging skills, (if that's what you can call the efforts of last year). We are planning to complete the 100km walk in a leisurely 6 days, plenty of time for blogging and stops en route. To make this even more comfortable, we're having our baggage moved on, all part of keeping it civilised for my wife's benefit, "Daysacks are us", using my recently acquired Berghaus Freeflow 25 litre bag, brought for such occasions (smaller and lighter than the 35l version, but more flexible than my 20L version). As keen eyed observer would have seen, I used the 50L Freelow last year on my JOGLE, Anyone reckon I like the Berghaus Freeflow bags. Whilst on the subject of bags, yet to use my new Osprey Eros 62L bag, for use with camping/hiking, at just over 1kg it just whats needed for the long hikes, with the camping kit, its likely to get use later on in the year, with the hikes planned for then. Beginning to get interested in the weather, so hopefully it will replicate this time last year when something else started, if I can remember, are that's right the volcano when off and the ash cloud went up, and of I started the LEJOG in brilliant weather. Still can't believe it was a year ago, how that's flown past, unlike the planes back then which definitely weren't flying. Suppoe it too early to start getting my kit ready, so just have to down load routes, get maps ready.........

2 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well mate. I shall be keeping an eye on your daily blog.

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to reading the blog, enjoy.
    Cheers J.P.

    ReplyDelete