Tuesday 4 June 2013

Melrose arrival

Todays, 24.04km walk started with a cracking stroll alongside the river tweed into melrose. The suw itself does not visit the town, but i had the short walk to ghe abbey to link the suw with the previously completed st cuthberts way. This linked the e2 path, so i have now walked from stranraer to guildford (south london), with only the north downs way left go complete the uk section. Thats for next year.
Whilst sitting infront of melrose abbey, celebrating with a coffee and biscuit a delivery van parked right infront obsecuring all views. Obviously didn't recognise me or my achievement!!!!
The remaining day had me climb out of melrose, thro fields and country tracks in a north and north west direction, walking further away from my destination.
Arriving at my destinstion of lauder, was tempted to ask a local where was i, upon them answering, "lauder", i was going to shout "WHERE AM I", the old ones are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment