Sunday 11 July 2010

LEJOG but not mine

This weekend I joined Richard Davis for a walk, he is over from Australia walking from Lands End to John O'Groats. www.everydayhero.com.au/hero_pages/view_posts/longwalk We walked about 21km's, from Chipping Campden to Bidford on Avon . This walk along the Heart of England path was a repeat of the route I had previously completed with my wife in 2007. The 2010 summer continues with warm dry weather and this walk was no different, when the breeze was around it was certainly a refreshing feeling, however, this seemed to come and go throughout the day.
Richard was fully "bagged up", whilst I felt guilty in the heat just with a day sack. This being the reverse to the situation I was in just 37 days previous, the lenght of time since I'd finished.
Since finishing my walk, every part of my body has protested in some way. More so that when I was actually walking, is this always the case? My legs seem to be tighter now than when walking, I suppose I'll just have to up my "warming down" walks, starting with an interesting walk planned around the streets of the Monopoly board, in London next week, around 15 miles in total

No comments:

Post a Comment